The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Need help with RF Interference in a modified pas3!!!

vmd1

Need help with RF Interference in a modified pas3!!! Empty Need help with RF Interference in a modified pas3!!!

Post by vmd1 Mon May 27, 2013 12:43 am

I am picking up a local radio station (fm signal) on my pas3, this is very irritating. My preamp is modified with a alps 100k volume pot, new phono and line boards, regulated power supply, 510k output resistor snipped, modern selector switch. I noticed the station is amplified more when my volume is turned down, it fades away as I turn the volume up, but is still slightly present. It does this no matter what input i am using. any ideas as to what could cause this? Otherwise it sounds great!
    hawaii.ken
    hawaii.ken

Need help with RF Interference in a modified pas3!!! Empty Re: Need help with RF Interference in a modified pas3!!!

Post by hawaii.ken Mon May 27, 2013 2:25 am

Try installing shorting plugs on every RCA connection except the output. Ensure that the bottom and top covers are tightly screwed in. Try reconnecting the output resistor.

Pictures would be helpful.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 am