The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Bolt & Screw Sizes

mazeeff

Bolt & Screw Sizes Empty Bolt & Screw Sizes

Post by mazeeff Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Can someone give me the sizes of the following hardware, for a ST-70 chassis?

1. Bolts to hold down both output and power transformers. Looks like 8-32, but not sure of length or head type.

2. Screws to attach cage to chassis. Looks like a #6 self drive sheet metal screw. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mike
    evoroadster
    evoroadster

Bolt & Screw Sizes Empty Re: Bolt & Screw Sizes

Post by evoroadster Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:58 pm

I just now finished mounting new output and power transformers into a SCA-35 chassis.  I used 8-32 1/2" long machine screws. Don't forget the star washers under the nuts.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:24 pm

mazeeff wrote:Can someone give me the sizes of the following hardware, for a ST-70 chassis?

1. Bolts to hold down both output and power transformers. Looks like 8-32, but not sure of length or head type.

2. Screws to attach cage to chassis. Looks like a #6 self drive sheet metal screw. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes - The transformer screws are all 8-32 screws. On a stock Dynaco ST-70 chassis the screws that hold on the bottom cover and the tube cage are #6 sheet metal screws. On all the VTA amps those screws are 6-32 stainless steel machine screws. The screws to hold on the tubes sockets and all the front face and rear face gear are 4-40 pan head screws.

Bob
    mazeeff

Post by mazeeff Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 am

Thanks for the quick responses.

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 am