The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
ramon68
ThatSoundsGood
6 posters

Dust Cover for ST-120

ThatSoundsGood

Dust Cover for ST-120 Empty Dust Cover for ST-120

Post by ThatSoundsGood Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:27 pm

What are people using to cover their amplifiers while they are not in use? My wife is concerned with dust. I would love some kind of glass or nice plastic cover so I can still see the amplifier. Any ideas?
    ramon68

Dust Cover for ST-120 Empty dust cover ideas

Post by ramon68 Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:25 pm

You could buy a custom made Plexiglas cover for 300 to 400 dollars or make your own by buying Plexiglas sheets cut to your desired dimensions and glueing them up yourself.
    Option 2 would cost under 100 dollars. That's my planned route to make a custom lid for my Linn whose factory lid is not tall enough for my Origin Live arm.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dust Cover for ST-120 Empty Re: Dust Cover for ST-120

Post by Bob Latino Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:26 pm

If you have an original type Dynaco ST-70, VTA ST-70 or VTA ST-120, you can use any original Dynaco ST-70 tube cage to cover your amp. It will fit just fine. You can also use a new production Dynakitparts.com tube cage for a cover for the three mentioned amps. This cover protects the tubes and although it is perforated, it also does keep some dust off the top of the amp.

See photo below ..

Bob

Dust Cover for ST-120 DYNACO-ST-70-cover

New2Tubez likes this post

scrotuss

Dust Cover for ST-120 Empty Re: ST70 Dust cover

Post by scrotuss Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:07 pm

Fit a couple of pieces of plexiglass ( or, for us cheapskates, simply brown cardboard) to the insides of the cage and you're dust-free as well!
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:05 pm

scrotuss wrote:Fit a couple of pieces of plexiglass ( or, for us cheapskates, simply brown cardboard) to the insides of the cage and you're dust-free as well!  
    Yes and this will burn fine with a thick black smoke.

Don't cover the cage with anything !

LeGrace likes this post

scrotuss

Dust Cover for ST-120 Empty Re; Dust Cover

Post by scrotuss Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:05 am

The original post was asking for a dust cover for when not in use.  But you do bring up a point- accidents will happen.  Reminds me of the saying:  Making good choices comes from experience: experience comes from making bad choices.  Maybe just a spray of air-in-a-can now and again (when the amp is off and cooled) is the safest.
    BryceJ

Post by BryceJ Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:35 pm

My wife got a couple of makeup brushes from the dollar store to use to dust my amps. Works great, when they are turned of and cold of course.

itrfguy likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:59 am