The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Dynaco pas2 paired with vta m125's

Audiosoldier1979

Dynaco pas2 paired with vta m125's Empty Dynaco pas2 paired with vta m125's

Post by Audiosoldier1979 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:08 pm

Hi I was just wondering if the pas2 is a good match for the m125 monoblocks? I feel the pas is lacking a little gain in the phono stage and I'm considering bypassing the tone controls. Is the output impedance of the pas a good matcg for the impedance of the m125's?
    peterh
    peterh

Dynaco pas2 paired with vta m125's Empty Re: Dynaco pas2 paired with vta m125's

Post by peterh Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:14 pm

Audiosoldier1979 wrote:Hi I was just wondering if the pas2 is a good match for the m125 monoblocks? I feel the pas is lacking a little gain in the phono stage and I'm considering bypassing the tone controls. Is the output impedance of the pas a good matcg for the impedance of the m125's?
    Without knowing the exact value of R4 ( the grid resistor of the input tube in M125 ) i would say
    yes, it will work fine.

There is no lack of gain in phono stage or line stage, besides bypassing the tone controls
    won't change that. Bypassing will only deprive you of adjustment possibilities.
    If it is an 'X' model ( recognized by 2 1uF caps between the line board and the bass pots) the
    tonecontrol components are already out-of-circuit if the controls are i middle position.

Pas will deliver several volts without dist if needed.

Thus, Go for it !
    Audiosoldier1979

Post by Audiosoldier1979 Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:35 am

Its a pas 2 so the tone controls are never bypassed unlike the pas3.I removed the tone controls today and I did find a huge improvement in the gain between zero and twelve o clock on the volume dial. I don't have to turn the pas up nearly as loud as before so by removing the tone circuit it freed up some gain that was being consumed. I've also read of many instances where this had happened for others as well. Either way it's louder clearer and.im happy with the results
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:38 am

Audiosoldier1979 wrote:Its a pas 2 so the tone controls are never bypassed unlike the pas3.I removed the tone controls today and I did find a huge improvement in the gain between zero and twelve o clock on the volume dial. I don't have to turn the pas up nearly as loud as before so by removing the tone circuit it freed up some gain that was being consumed. I've also read of many instances where this had happened for others as well. Either way it's louder clearer and.im happy with the results

It's the 'X' suffix that matters with the tone controls, and both PAS2 and PAS 3 was delivered as such.

Glad you got what you want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:18 am