The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr

Njrob
    Njrob

Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr Empty Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr

Post by Njrob Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:19 pm

Even though I have a time delay relay with a solid state rectifier is the thermistor Beneficial to Charge the filter Gradually instead of instantly?
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr Empty Re: Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr

Post by Bob Latino Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:34 pm

Njrob wrote:Even though I have a time delay relay with a solid state rectifier is the thermistor Beneficial to Charge the filter Gradually instead of instantly?

I am not really sure if the thermistor is absolutely necessary to the WS-1 but it does slow down very slightly the charge speed of the capacitors. The thermistor is only an additional $2.50 USD so it does not cost a lot to add the thermistor in ..

Bob

Njrob likes this post

Njrob
    Njrob

Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr Empty Re: Thermistor or not in a ss rectifier with tdr

Post by Njrob Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:08 pm

Thanks Bob! So the slight slower charge speed is better. I'll go with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am