The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds

Njrob
    Njrob

Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds Empty Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds

Post by Njrob Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:46 pm

The weber ws1T comes with an sl15 60002 thermistor. Doesn't seem to be applicable in a solid state rectifier.  

AMETHERM senior production engineer ON THE sl15 60002 and 22101 ICL
      "You don't have enough current (.200ma) for a thermistor to be able to achieve what you want.  Basically, the thermistors are acting as high-wattage resistors. If you did have the amps for the thermistor to work as intended. I believe the ramp will still be faster than what you want, probably faster than 500 ms.
    the  sl15 60002 starts at 60 ohms and probably goes to 59 ohms with your current of .200ma. 
    that being said it might work with an SL12 22101,   the resistance starts at 220 ohms and will drop to about 10 ohms under that small of a current. Basically the part has higher resistance and a smaller sizer so lower current amounts will impact it more.  The 22101 just has a lower joules rating.
    What you are looking for is called a Digital Potentiometer. A Digital Potentiometer lets you control the resistance with a Microcontroller. This way you can tell the system exactly how fast you want to ramp up. "

I dont fully know how caps work, I thought the inrush Limiter would be beneficial but I now belive instant B+ to the quad is ok as long as it doesn't exceed the cap rating.  Thoughts?

I got the .200ma measurement from the voltage drop across both 62ohm chokes. Hope I'm correct.
    Tubes4ever
    Tubes4ever

Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds Empty Re: Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds

Post by Tubes4ever Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:57 am

Njrob wrote:I got the .200ma measurement from the voltage drop across both 62ohm chokes. Hope I'm correct.

I think you are reading 200mA. Not .200mA. Big difference in calculations.
    Njrob
    Njrob

Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds Empty Re: Rectifier thermistor won't do the trick. Ametherm responds

Post by Njrob Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:15 pm

My bad. Thanks. .200 amp. 200 milliamps not .200ma.
    Njrob
    Njrob

Post by Njrob Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:40 pm

The ss rectifier is getting 2 legs of 417ac.
    The dc out is 530vdc.
    100ohm resistor is dropping to 490dc
    40 volt drop
    =.4 amps. Is that ok? Higher than I thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 pm