The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Sencore 12AU7 tube

Sencore 12AU7 tube Empty Sencore 12AU7 tube

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:01 pm

I got hold of a bunch of Sencore Japan 12AU7's, looks like manufacturing date is '64.
    Anybody has had any experience with Sencores?, thanks.
    On a somewhat separate note, tube testers. There seem to be a lot of different models out there, what are the more reliable makes/models out there, thanks.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Sencore 12AU7 tube Empty Re: Sencore 12AU7 tube

Post by sKiZo Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Be interesting to find out who actually made them ... I do know Sencore used 12AU7's in some of their tube testers to provide a reference signal ...

Matshushita? Rumor has it they used the same tooling as Mullard ...

Lot of options for tube testers for classic gear. I like my Precision 920. Has the expansion kit for octals and several other late variety tube designs and the latest - mid '70's anyway - data roll.

One thing I haven't figured out yet ... how to test the tubes in the tube tester to make sure the tube tester is testing tubes right ...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Well it says Sencore Japan, 64-04, 12AU7 and thats about it. They seem to be grey plate units.
    Ah, to test the tube tester......indeed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 pm