The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer

rshep

Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer Empty Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer

Post by rshep Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:29 pm

I’m building a z-modded PAS3 and ran into a problem. I tore it down to the bare chassis and failed to note where the PA211 transformer leads went.

My problem is now I’m ready to reassemble and the black and blue leads are completely faded and I can’t tell them apart. The leads come out of the same side of the transformer. The top two leads come out of the same slot. The middle slot has one lead and the bottom slot has another.

The top two leads measure 1.3 ohms. The bottom two leads measure 41.9 ohms. The red leads measure slightly over 3k ohms.

Would someone please let me know which leads are the primary black and the secondary blue?

Thanks, Rob
    audioregenesis
    audioregenesis

Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer Empty Re: Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer

Post by audioregenesis Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:54 pm

The 41.9 ohm winding is the primary. The 1.3 ohm winding is the 12.6V secondary.
    rshep

Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer Empty Re: Help identifying faded leads on a PAS3 PA211 transformer

Post by rshep Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:42 am

Thank you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm