The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+11
nmchiefsfan
DarthBubba
zx
turbotoy
Maintarget
Cubdriver
corndog71
Bob Latino
Pat R.
sKiZo
GP49
15 posters

Proposed Mark III Layout

Dale Stevens

Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposed Mark III Layout

Post by Dale Stevens Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Tim,( setting the pots for the line voltage ) What that mean? Dale
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Here are a few photos from the manual. It is the VR5 I circled in the schematic. Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 15757610
    Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 15757711
    Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 15757710Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 15757610
    Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 15757711
    Proposed Mark III Layout - Page 4 15757710
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:06 pm

I apologize for the duplicates, I'll work on understanding inserting photos better. I included the second photo with the Vacuum Tube Audio...V11 to identify the instructions. The instructions are from several years ago, and as I recall came with the upgrade PCB. I've been working on this project seceral years.
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:52 am

It appears the current version of the VTA Mark lll PCB does not have the extra potentiometer, the "AC Balance pots", VR5 mentioned in the instructions. Perhaps I'll contact Mr. Motram.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:46 pm

TN Allen wrote:It appears the current version of the VTA Mark lll PCB does not have the extra potentiometer, the "AC Balance pots", VR5 mentioned in the instructions. Perhaps I'll contact Mr. Motram.

There is no AC balance control on the newer version of the VTA Mark III driver board that we have been using since 2012. That schematic that you show is for the pre 2012 VTA Mark III driver circuit.

Bob
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:32 pm

That's the version I have. I started this project quite a while ago, the photos are from the instructions that came with the PCB kit from Mr. Motram. I suppose I should do these projects more quickly, but I really wasn't in a hurry. The PCB has the extra potentiometer.

I assume I should be concerned about the PS transformer temperature, it's just uncomforatble to touch for more than 30 seconds or so. Is it likely this is caused by using the SS rectifier? I think I read on one of the threads in this forum that the SS rectifiers may cause the amplifier to run a bit warm.
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:37 pm

I started this thread March 3, 2015. I probably bought the Mark 3 PCB kit from Mr. Motram about that time. Perhaps he sold me old stock because I wanted only one kit, as I intended to do only 1 amplifier?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:40 am