The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Khozmo Display Mounting?

Jedidiah

Khozmo Display Mounting? Empty Khozmo Display Mounting?

Post by Jedidiah Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:48 pm

What are you folks doing to mount the LED display to the inside the windows of the SP13/14 front panel?

I am in the process of building my SP14 and realized there are no mounting points on the panel. The pictures i see of builds look to have adhesive of some sort.

Thanks in advance!
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Khozmo Display Mounting? Empty Re: Khozmo Display Mounting?

Post by Peter W. Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:44 am

Jedidiah wrote:What are you folks doing to mount the LED display to the inside the windows of the SP13/14 front panel?

I am in the process of building my SP14 and realized there are no mounting points on the panel. The pictures i see of builds look to have adhesive of some sort.

Thanks in advance!

I have not done an SP14, but I have done a number of units requiring the mounting of meters or displays. I don't like tapes or other similar materials as they age badly, leave much behind if removed and so forth. I tend to use hot-melt glue that is also "museum quality". It ages well, may be removed easily, but has very good bonding characteristics.

One of many sources:

https://www.gaylord.com/Preservation/Conservation-Supplies/Adhesives/Thermogrip-6363-Hot-Melt-Adhesive-(6-Pack)/p/636315

Most of the time, the likes of Michael's stocks similar materials.
    Jedidiah

Post by Jedidiah Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 am

Peter W. wrote: I don't like tapes or other similar materials as they age badly, leave much behind if removed and so forth. I tend to use hot-melt glue that is also "museum quality". It ages well, may be removed easily, but has very good bonding characteristics.

hot glue is also my go to for things like this. Unless someone came up with something i was missing, it was likely the route i was going to take.
    thank you for replying.
    WntrMute2
    WntrMute2

Post by WntrMute2 Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:03 pm

Hijacking this thread.  I have the dual Khozmo attenuator set-up and somehow I seem to have "un-synced" the display brightness.  The right display is one step brighter than the left and I do not know if there is a way to re-sync them.
    It is most apparent at each end of the brightness range.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Dave
    https://imgur.com/Ewrekaw
    https://imgur.com/FZQvUxH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:23 pm